ECHOS Winter Shelter Background Clearance Directions
Child Abuse History Clearance Instructions
- Go to the Child Welfare Portal.
- Create a New Account (create a Keystone ID and a password)
- When you get your Keystone ID and password, enter the site again and “create a clearance application.”
- You will need to have all previous addresses handy (since 1975) and a list of the people (including deceased members) who lived with you.
- Make sure you check the correct box to ensure your background check is free.
- After you enter your information and send it, you will be able to check your results.
- Print out the certificate and bring it with you to the training so we can keep a copy on file.
PA State Police Criminal Record Check Instructions
- Go to the Pennsylvania Access To Criminal History website
- Click on “Submit a New Record Check”
- Click “Accept”
- Fill in your information on the first screen.
Be sure to indicate your reason for request. (This will ensure your background check is free).
- Click proceed, then fill in the remaining information. You will get your results instantly.
- Print the certificate and bring it with you to the training so we can keep a copy on file.
- If you have lived in Pennsylvania during the past 10 years, you need to sign an Affidavit affirming no charges in other states would prohibit you from volunteering.
- If you have not lived in Pennsylvania for over 10 years, you will also need to be fingerprinted.
There is a $21.50 charge for this service.
Need to be Fingerprinted?
- Go to the Elizabethtown Public Library website
- Click on the services tab
- Click on the fingerprinting option
- In the text, there is a link to www.identogo.com
- Click link and follow the prompts to get an appointment time at the Etown library
- Print the confirmation page
- Take that page with you to your appointment at the library.
- (Appropriate code = 1 K G 6 Z J)
Elizabethtown Public Library
10 South Market Street
Elizabethtown, Pa 17022
Appointments not necessary:
- Monday, 12:30 – 7:30 pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 9:30 am – 7:30pm
- Friday, 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Saturday, 9:30am – 12:30 pm
Summer Hours can vary.