Become a Winter Shelter Volunteer
(December through March)
Volunteers are at the heart of the Winter Shelter program!
- Evening Volunteers: greet clients, assist with nightly preparations, overnight stays, morning shift clean up, and serve meals. Training class is required.
- Meal Prep: prepare evening and breakfast meals (can be frozen ahead), and snacks.
Volunteers must be 18 or older to assist at the shelter, and complete the following requirements:
- Fill out the Winter Shelter Volunteer Form
- Complete your Background Checks. ECHOS staff is willing to help you obtain your clearances. Call or stop in!
- Attend one in-person volunteer training session or watch online presentation
In-Person Training Dates
New Volunteers must attend one of the following in-person training sessions:
- Tuesday, October 15, 6—8 pm Etown College Hoover Building Room 110
- Sunday, October 27, 3—5 pm Community Place on Washington, 61 E. Washington St.
- Monday, November 18, 6—8 pm Community Place on Washington, 61 E. Washington St.
- Thursday, January 23 6—8 pm Community Place on Washington, 61 E. Washington St.
- Download information about these trainings here
Interested in volunteering/want to know more?
Winter Shelter Volunteer Coordinator